Thursday, October 05, 2006

Cornell Application Submitted!

So, finally I started the next phase of admission process with the submission of my Cornell application today (Deadline : Oct. 9). Cornell asks for 2 essays ( 1 leadership experience and 1 career goals) of 400 words each. I made it a point not to go beyond the word limit by even one word. These word-limits were not intimidating after writing the HBS essays.

I have my HBS and Wharton essays ready, I would submit them this weekend. The most difficult part was to make sure that I strictly adhere to the word-limits (they must have provided the word-limits for a reason and it doesn't make sense to go beyond the limits.)

2 weeks ago I decided that I would apply to Chicago as well. I had the career progression essay ready and I modified it to fit with Chicago. The other essays were also kool. So, I am done with the essays. I opted for 3 recommendations, 2 professional and 1 community. 2 of my recommenders have submitted their recos. The other one is on leave and would be back only on 14th. So, I have to wait till 14th or 15th Oct to submit my Chicago apps.

The Kellogg essays are ready but I have a little work left on the 3 small-questions and self-assessment essays. I would be ready to submit by next weekend(14th Oct).

So, all my applications would be submitted before the respective deadlines.

4 comments:

Hobbes said...

Good luck! :)

Iday said...

Pretty neat :)
All the best!

A said...

Thanks Hobbes and Iday :)

MBAstarter said...

Good Luck dude...