Thursday, October 19, 2006

My first post-application interview invite - Cornell Johnson

I just received an interview invite from Cornell :-))
I was feeling low as i had submitted my application on Oct 4th and some of the guys who had submitted after me had received an invite! But most of them were from USA, so my hopes were alive :-)

The AdCom invited me to visit Cornell for an interview but as I am not in the USA so I called them up to check if they provide an alternative way. They have alumni interviews but they didn't have any alumni from my city. So he suggested me to get in touch with the alumni in other cities in case I could travel to those cities. If not, then they would conduct telephone interviews.

Let me see what works out best for me:-) What do you guys suggest??

PS: My Wharton status still says "Received" !

10 comments:

Iday said...

Congrats and all the best :)
As the AdComs keep saying, no interview is less important. Make sure u r comfortable with what u r gonna do!

-tvu said...

I would go for in person interviews instead of phones. Body language conveys soo much more

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!

Unless you are a bad interviewer, I would say go in for a personal interview. But at the same time, if you get to interview with the adcom, then probably thats better. When discussing your file, the adcom person can act as your advocate. Whereas the alum will only provide the feedback and not be present when discussing your file.

A said...

Yup Hobbes agree with u on the benefits of an AdCom interview! That's what in my mind when i weigh the pros and cons.

JatWarrior said...

Alum or adcom... dont go for telephone interview unless you have to.
Its hard to convey your expressions fully through just voice.

Inblue said...

Congrats ! Go for a personl one. It will help.. A lot !

Inblue said...

I am still in the R1. Tuck (Nov 30).. My tentative R2 looks like Wharton LBS and may be UCLA.I am going to being talking to students and alumni and decide.

MBAstarter said...

Congrats...you have one foot inside Cornell now - You'll surely get the other one in too - All the Best!

Forrest Gump said...

Nice work. Congratulations. As others have said before, avoid the phone interview if you can. Good Luck

UniQpath said...

Super cool! best of luck for the i'views