Thursday, October 12, 2006

Chicago GSB Application Submitted!

I just submitted my Chicago GSB application. That makes it four application submissions.

On first look, the word-limit of 1500 words for career progression essay looks a lot of words. But there's so much to cover in 1500 words: Career progression, why MBA, Why now, who influenced your selection of schools, Why Chicago, and how will Chicago GSB help you succeed!
Moreover, the other essay questions provide little chance to elebaorate on your professional experiences. So, you have to cover the professional experiences and key learnings in detail in the career progression part itself. In the end, I feel I did my best in this essay.

The second essay -- What aspect of your personal development would your colleague talk about if interviewed by the AdCom? OR What is the most pressing issue facing humanity? -- was a great chance to show your personal attributes and aspirations and how would you contribute to the Chicago community. Also, how would the opprtunities at the GSB help you hone your skills. I chose to write about the most pressing issue facing humanity.

The 100-word essays were a great opportunity to further show-case your personal and professional characteristics.


Now, my next target is to complete my Kellogg application. I hope I would be able to submit it by this weekend or late-est by Tuesday.

2 comments:

Iday said...

Oh! You're on a roll.
Congrats!!!

A said...

Thanks Man!