Monday, November 06, 2006

My Chicago GSB interview experience

I had my Chicago GSB interview in the morning today with an alum in his office. He is an entrepreneur and heads his own company. I reached his office 20 minutes early. We started the interview 10 minutes before the stipulated time. He didn't have a copy of my resume. I had brought 3-4 copies so i gave him one. The interview was ok. The inetrviewer was passionate and enthusiastic. It was more of a discussion than interview. The alum had some 20 years of total experience, so he handled the interview quite maturely. Some of the questions i remember were:-

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. How do you find if a person is a team player or not while interviewing the candidate?
3. Why MBA? What are you career goals...and why Chicago?
4. Then he asked me how do i plan to repay my loans and when do i think would be the right time to start working on my long-term goals.
5. Then he asked me about some of my community service experiences.
6. Then he asked which other schools i am applying to...and then he explained the interview process and beyond :-)

Then it was my turn to ask questions, I asked 3-4 questions which provided me an opportunity to learn more about the communal culture and experiential learning approach. He also talked about one of his club experience. Then it was the time to go..he gave me his visiting card and said i can mail him if i have any further questions.

All in all it was ok. Lets see what happens :)

No news yet from Wharton and HBS...lets see which school is interested in knowing more about me next.

Catch ya all later...

13 comments:

Nat4mba said...

It sounds like you had a good experience and made the right impression on your interviewer :) Now we only have to cross our fingers and wait for news in January. Best luck!

Iday said...

Sounds neat.
ATB for a positive result from GSB :)

Forrest Gump said...

looks like a clean drive. good luck for the admit decision.

atypical HBS said...

you are well on your way man!

MBABlogger said...

great lloks like it went really well.. good luck

A said...

Thanks guys for your best wishes. Keeping my fingers crossed.

High Above Broadway said...

Hope the email comes out too..Good luck!

Inblue said...

Looks like it was a cool kinda thing. Great! You seem content too.. Now its the wait game. All the Best !

Hobbes said...

Good good! Found the question on "When do u plan to start working on ur long term goals" very interesting. Did you give the details or jst gave a timeline?

A said...

yeah Hobbes..that was an interesting question and we had some discussion as well. I gave him some details.

MBA babe said...

Sounds like it went well! You must be an interviewing pro by now!

Anonymous said...

I have an interview scheduled with a very senior faculty at GSB. I was expecting an alumni. Any ideas what I should expect?

A said...

I think he would ask the standard questions..why MBA..why now..why GSB..career goals, etc.