Saturday, July 08, 2006

My HBS essay writing experience

I have started writing my Harvard essays.

The topics are sweet but i have to take care that i am able to convey my thooughts in the given word-limit. I started writing the essays as if there were no word-limits. But it was very difficult to trim it later. So, now, i have decided that i will write taking into account the word limit ( won't exceed more than 20% of the word-limit).

I found the career vision question (What is your career vision and why is this choice meaningful to you?) really difficult because I have to put a lot of points in 400 words!

I have really started appreciating the small word-limit of the HBS essays. It stops me from wandering away from the topic and helps me concentrate on my thought process. I edit and re-edit until i feel that the reader will be able to understand without any difficulty.

I am looking for someone from the blogosphere who can share his Harvard essays experience and who can give me some feedback. I thought about taking help from Admission consultants but I do not think I can afford to spend that much.

I plan to spend this weekend watching Wimbledon and FIFA...Come on Italy and France!!!

4 comments:

Juggler said...

i wrote my Career Vision Essay too and totally understand what you are going through.

I realize that I can fit in quite a bit in 400 words :D

UniQpath said...

Do you have any good ideas on the ethics essay question? The forward nature of the question makes it a bit difficult ..

Essays Writing said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.

emily parrr said...

I am looking for someone from the blogosphere who can share his Harvard essays experience and who can give me some feedback.argumentative essay ideas