Friday, October 27, 2006

My Kellogg interview experience

I had my Kellogg interview today at 10am with an alumni. It was interesting and interactive:-)
No tough questions...he was very cool and enthusiastic person. Most importantly he allowed me to guide the interview the way i wanted. He started with "walk me through your resume" and he followed up with questions on each of my experiences, which covered my learnings, leadership style, teamwork, challenges and the way i approached them, etc. These questions covered all my professional and community experiences. Then he told me that you seem to be pretty much enjoying your current job, so why MBA now? Then why Kellogg? He then asked which other univs am i applying to. Then my GPA and GMAT score. Then it was my turn to ask questions...I asked him a few questions which provided me more insights on the communal learning environment at Kellogg.

All in all it was a good interview. I hope AdCom love my essays and provide me an opportunity to be a part of Kellogg SOM :-)

My Wharton app finally changed to Complete -Round 1. Lets see which univ is interested in interviewing me next.

8 comments:

Iday said...

looks like u had a nice interview :)
Now start waiting for the other invites!

MBABlogger said...

That was real quick!! Good lcuk

Forrest Gump said...

that sounds like a cool interview. good luck for both K and Wharton.

Hobbes said...

2 interviews in 3 days! Damn neat, I say! Good luck for these 2 and others as well :)

A said...

I had no choice Hobbes, my interviewer told me that he would be on a business tour for the next one month. so he assigned me this day.

Iday said...

Just got news that my interview has been waived off :)

MBA babe said...

oooh - I have my kellogg interview next week. sounds like it went well for you!! thanks for the insight :)

Inblue said...

Wooohoo ! Nice to hear you are partying.. Yeah I know about Remedy but dont use it as such.We are CA lovers, so BMC products are kinda not so popular.