Saturday, May 27, 2006

Well begun is half done....

For a long time, i have been a silent reader of most of the MBA blogs. I found it opportune to start my own blog. I feel it will help me in many ways:-

1. I can Track my progress.
2. I will benefit from the comments of the visitors.
3. It may be of help to fellow and future applicants in some way...

So, Where do i stand as of today:-

1. I am through with my GMAT...scored well..700+.
2. Plan to take TOEFL soon. (I really don't know why the schools ask for TOEFL scores when they already take GMAT scores!!!)
3. I am an international candidate with 4+ years of experience in IT, Operations Research and marketing.

I have done some initial research on school selection. I plan to apply to 6 schools in Round 1 for Fall2007 admission. So, as of now my list includes:

1. Duke
2. Kellogg
3. MIT
4. Michigan
5. Darden
6. Cornell
7. CMU/ ( orYale)
8. Stanford
9. Tuck
10. Purdue


My 6 final schools will include 2 schools which will be my stretch goals to get in, 3 which i feel i can make it to and 1 for hedging.

Also, I found that CMU requires a cosigner for the loan in case of international students. So, I am kind of getting away from this school and switching it with Yale.

I have started some essay writing based on the Fall2006 essay questions...1) Career goals, Why MBA and Why now part. 2) How will i contribute back to the school. 3) My leadership experience. I feel, it will save me some effort and time, when i finaly start writing the Fall2007 essays. So, waiting eagerly for the schools to publish the essay questions and deadlines :-)

So, I have laid the foundation of this blog today :-)

8 comments:

Benny said...

Welcome to the community of bloggers.
About the school, remember:
Green means: go!
Red means: don't go!

Marina said...

Make sure you are actually going to be happy going to your hedge/safety school. There is no point in settling :)

Good luck!

MBABlogger said...

wow.. we are exactly in the same boat :) Good luck!!

Inblue said...

humm ! What is your post MBA goal? ( Marketing !!)
UCB, Hass would be a good choice too.You are in a good position having began your essays.

Are you looking to all these in R1 itself or have u come to a R1/R2 breakup ?

Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

Anonymous said...

Interesting site! Good stuff, good resources here. Nice site. All the best!
- scarecrow07.blogspot.com x
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

JOE PHILIP said...

Established in 1997, St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance is a leading education consultancy services providing exemplary service to students all over India. We deal in Admissions to all major professional courses in Premier Institutes across India. We are your one step solution for all career related needs, it may be MD, MBBS BE, BTech (ALL BRANCHES), , MDS, BDS, BPharm, BArch, MBA, MTech, MS, , PhD or any other courses. We provide personalized career solutions on an individual basis keeping in mind the aspirations of our client as well as the affordability factor.
FOR ALL CAREER RELATED NEEDS CONTACT US :
St. Gregorious Edu-Guidance,
#2, 2nd Floor,
J J Complex, Above Chemmannur Jewellers,
Marthahalli - P O,
Bangalore - 560037
Karnataka
e-mail :jojishpaily@gmail.com
Contact: +919448516637
+91 9886089896, +91 9449009983
080-32416570, 41719562